- If you have not already done so, download the System Mechanic download manager. This will ensure that you are installing the most current version of the product. Save the file to a location on your system that you can easily locate. Double-click thesm_dm.exe file to begin downloading the software. If an Open File – Security Warning window appears, click Run to begin the process. If you are asked whether you want to allow the program to make changes to the system, click Yes.
- You will be asked if you wish to save a copy of the installation file to your computer. Click Yes or No as desired.
- When your download is complete the Welcome to the System Mechanic Setup Wizard window appears. Click Next to begin the installation.
- The License Agreement screen appears. After reading the agreement, select the I accept the agreement option and clickNext to continue.
- The Select Product Activation Mode window appears. Select the option that applies to you and click Next.
- If in step 5 you selected Install as time-limited trial or Install the free version of System Mechanic you will be taken to the Enter your email address screen. Enter and confirm your email address, then click Next. Skip to step 8 of these instructions.
If you selected I have an Activation Key and can enter it now you will be taken to the Enter your license informationscreen. Enter your Activation Key and email address, then click OK. Skip to step 8 of these instructions.
If you selected Purchase a license for System Mechanic now you will be taken to the System Mechanic webpage were you can click Get it Now to begin the purchase process.
- After you receive your license information, enter your Activation Key and email address, then click OK.
- The Select typical or custom settings screen appears. Select Customize installation settings to continue choosing the details of the installation, or select Use typical settings to complete the installation now with settings appropriate for most users. Click Next. If you have selected Use typical settings, skip to step 16.
- The Select Destination Location screen appears. Usually, the default directory is fine unless you must install to a different drive. Click Next.
- The Select Start Menu Folder screen appears. To install shortcuts to the default folder, click Next.
- The Internet Connection screen appears. Specify the connection type that applies to you, click Next.
- The Configure PC Health Status Gadget screen appears for users running Windows 7 or Vista. The Enable PC Health Status Gadget option is selected by default. If you do not want it to be enabled, clear the check box. When you are finished, click Next.
- The ActiveCare Reports screen appears. If you would like to receive notifications when new ActiveCare reports are available, enter your email address in the Send notifications to the email address field. If you do not wish to use this feature, clear the Send me an email when a new ActiveCare report is ready for viewing box. Click Next.
- The Select Additional Tasks screen appears. From here you can create desktop and Quick launch icons. When you are done,click Next.
- The Ready to Install screen appears. Make sure the information is correct. If the information is incorrect, click Back and correct the information. If it is correct, click Next and the installation will begin.
- To finish the installation, your PC may need to be restarted. Select Yes to restart now or select No to restart later. Click Finish.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use System Mechanic.